- Indie Hackers
- Product Hunt
- 1 Million Cups
Not open to public membership, but great places to read about others' experiences:
- YCombinator / Hacker News
From Indie Hackers article
Build a community:
(from Indie Hackers newsletter)
- Fractionally-owned assets will be the basis of "paid" communities. Nike MAG shareholders have more in common than those of utility companies.
- Community-as-a-Service will become a common XaaS category. Late Checkout helps brands build communities.
- Funds will leverage paid communities for deal flow. See MicroConf Connect (TinySeed) and Founder Summit Remote (Earnest Capital).
- Build an audience first. Start with a newsletter, podcast, or YouTube channel. Audience-to-community solves the chicken and egg problem. Trends.vc reached 20K+ subscribers before Trends Tribe meetups were launched.
- Craft a mission statement. (See Compound's Manifesto.) Ask yourself questions like: 'Why do you gather?' and 'What problems do you solve together?'
- Create rituals. Host standups, meetups, co-building sessions, and retreats to form bonds and productive habits. Trends Pro Membersbuild compounding relationships in daily standups.
- Leverage user-generated content. Hundreds of people tweet using #100DaysOfNoCode, bringing attention to the community.
- Nurture one-on-one connections to build a stronger community.